Welcome to Mid-South PVA
Paralyzed Veterans of America works to maximize the quality of life for its members and all people with SCI/D as a leading advocate for health care, SCI/D research and education, veterans’ benefits and rights, accessibility and the removal of architectural barriers, increasing sports programs for people with SCI/SCD, and a leader for disability rights.
We are the only Congressionally chartered veterans organization dedicated solely to serving the needs of SCI/SCD veterans.
The Paralyzed Veterans of America, a congressionally chartered veterans service organization founded in 1946, has developed a unique expertise on a wide variety of issues involving the special needs of our members – veterans of the armed forces who have experienced spinal cord injury or dysfunction.
Paralyzed Veterans will use that expertise to be the leading advocate for:
- Quality health care for our members,
- Research and education addressing spinal cord injury and dysfunction,
- Benefits available as a result of our members’ military service,
- Civil rights and opportunities which maximize the independence of our members.
- To enable PVA to continue to honor this commitment, we must recruit and retain members who have the experience, energy, dedication, and passion necessary to manage the organization and ensure adequate resources to sustain the programs essential for PVA to achieve its mission.
Mid-South Annual Report 2012